Public Health Advisory Board
2022 Public Health Advisory Board Meeting Schedule
**Until further notice, meetings will be conducted by remote participation.
Individuals who wish to attend in-person may contact the Health District at 509-684-2262 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make accommodations for physical attendance. Please notify the Health District of the need for accommodations 72 hours before the scheduled meeting date.
Agendas & Minutes
The Advisory Board is established to provide key input to the Board of Health (BOH) on issues that affect the health and wellbeing of citizens and/or environmental factors within the jurisdiction of Northeast Tri County Health District (NETCHD). In accordance with 2021 ESSHB 1152 Section 7, the Advisory Board shall:
- Provide input to the BOH in the recruitment and selection of an Administrative Officer, pursuant to RCW 70.05.045, and a Health Officer, pursuant to RCW 70.05.050;
- Use a health equity framework to conduct, assess, and identify the public health needs of the jurisdiction, and review and recommend public health policies and priorities for NETCHD and the BOH to address public health issues;
- Evaluate the impact of proposed public health policies and programs, and assure identified health needs and concerns are being met;
- Promote public participation in and identification of local public health needs;
- Provide community forums and hearings as assigned by the BOH;
- Establish community task forces as assigned by the BOH;
- Review and make recommendations to NETCHD and the BOH for annual budget and fees;
- Review and advise on NETCHD's progress in achieving performance measures and outcomes to ensure continuous quality improvement and accountability.
Applying to be part of the Public Health Advisory Board
- Complete the online Public Health Advisory Board application
All applications will be sent to our Board of Health for consideration in filling open positions. Selection of members will be done to balance expertise, career experience, and consumer experience in areas impacting public health. Additionally recruitment efforts will strive for equal representation from Ferry, Pend Oreille, and Stevens Counties along with tribal representation from each federally recognized tribes holding lands within these counties.