Children spend many hours per week in a school setting. The purpose of school health and safety inspections is to ensure that the schools in the Tri County region are safe environments for children to thrive and learn.
Inspections are performed every 3 years in private and public schools from kindergarten through 12th grade. Some of the items inspected include but are not limited to:
- Air quality and indoor temperatures
- Chemicals out of reach of children and properly labeled
- Cleanliness and physical facilities in good repair
- Functionality of drinking fountains, hand sinks, and restroom facilities
- Playground inspections
- Protocols in place for medication dispersal and 'sick rooms'
- Safety in science classrooms
- Safety in shop classes (welding, wood shop, etc.)
- School kitchen inspections
Resources & Information