What You Need to Know for the 2023 to 2024 Flu Season
Influenza (flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. There are two main types of influenza (flu) viruses: types A and B. The influenza A and B viruses that routinely spread in people (human influenza viruses) are responsible for seasonal flu epidemics each year.
Prevent Flu and other respiratory viruses
- Get vaccinated if possible. Vaccines for Flu and COVID-19 are your best defense against respiratory illnesses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and stay safe if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, or elbow.
- Consider wearing a mask in indoor or crowded places
- Wash your hands regularly. Use soap and water. If there is no soap available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated with viruses.
- Take antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.
Flu Vaccine locations
The best way to reduce the risk of flu and its potentially serious complications is by getting vaccinated each year.
Ferry County Locations
- Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers
- Inchelium: 509-722-7006
- Keller: 509-634-7300
- Republic Medical Clinic: 509-775-3153
Pend Oreille County Locations
- Camas Center Clinic: 509-447-7111
- New Health Programs: 509-442-3514
- Newport Health Center: 509-447-3139
- Safeway Pharmacy: 509-447-3972
Stevens County Locations
- Chewelah/Loon Lake/Springdale
- Akers United Drug: 509-935-8441
- Associated Physicians: 509-935-4882
- New Health Programs
- Chewelah: 509-935-8424
- Loon Lake: 509-233-8412
- Springdale: 509-258-4234
- Providence Northeast Washington Medical Group (NEWMG): 509-935-8111
- Valley Drug Pharmacy: 509-935-8611
- Colville/Kettle Falls/Northport
- Heartland Medicine: 509-684-7925
- Kettle Falls Pharmacy: 509-738-2223
- New Health Programs
- Colville: 509-684-3701
- Kettle Falls: 509-685-7848
- Northeast Tri County Health District: 509-684-2262
- Safeway Pharmacy: 509-684-8481
- Super 1 Pharmacy: 509-684-3151
- Walmart Pharmacy: 509-684-2973
- Nine Mile Falls
- Suncrest Pharmacy: 509-413-2030
- New Health Programs: 509-464-3627
- Wellpinit - Tribal Members Only
- David C. Wynecoop Clinic: 509-258-4517