Breastfeeding helps you and your baby stay healthy. It supports the growth and development of your baby and helps protect against illness and infection.
At NETCHD, the Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program provides:
- Free breast pumps and supplies
- Breastfeeding peer counselors who share first-hand experiences
- Certified breastfeeding experts
Contact our Peer Counselor:
- Colville Office: 509-684-2262
- Newport Office: 509-447-3131
- Republic Office: 509-775-3111
- After Hours, 5 pm to 9 pm, Cell: 509-936-2054
Other Helpful Resources
- Mount Carmel Maternity where you can reach an IBCLC: 509-684-5100
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Breastfeeding Warmline: 800-994-9662
- Additional Breastfeeding Information
- Coalition of Washington: Contains useful breastfeeding promotion information, resources, and tools for community partners and provides. You will find information ranging from national breastfeeding data to healthcare focused resources, such as Breastfeeding Friendly Washington Recognition Program, to coalition building tools and health equity resources.
- Lactation Education Resources: Provides online lactation courses following the IBLCE blueprint designed to prepare students to sit for the IBLCE exam to achieve certification or recertification as lactation consultants.