- About Us
- Records & Reports
- Birth & Death Records
Order a Birth or Death Record
NETCHD issues vital records from the Colville office located at 240 E. Dominion Avenue. Vital records are not issued from the Republic or Newport locations. Orders may be submitted to the Colville office by mail, in-person, and beginning January 1, 2023, online through www.VitalChek.com.
Ordering a Certified Birth or Death Certificate (certified copy)
Order certified birth or death certificates online through the Washington State Department of Health's (DOH) official vendor - VitalChek
To apply for a birth or death certificate by mail, you must submit proof of eligibility and identity documents:
- Complete all fields on the form.
- Attach a copy of government-issued photo ID. Examples include:
- Driver's License
- State-Issued ID
- Photo Page of Passport
- Include your payment. We only accept checks/money orders payable to: NETCHD, or credit/debit card payments.
- Mail completed order form, all documents, and nonrefundable payment to: Northeast Tri County Health District
240 E Dominion Avenue
Colville, WA 99114
Eligibility and Identity Documents
Information regarding who can request official birth and death certificates and what documents are accepted to prove your relationship.
- Who can request birth and death certificates?
- Acceptable Proofs of Eligibility
- What Identity document can I use?
- Authorized Representative Form- Use this form if you are:
- Identified in a notarized form signed by a qualified applicant; or
- An agent identified in a Power of Attorney
Ordering Non-Certified, Informational Copies of Birth and Death Records
Anyone can order non-certified, informational copies of birth and death records.
- Non-certified informational copies cannot be used for legal purposes.
- They are often used for genealogy or family history purposes.
Get more information about ordering non-certified copies of birth and death records:
- Ordering an informational only birth or death records - Birth and Death Informational Copies Order Form
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from the DOH website
Newborn Birth Certificates
Requests for birth certificates for newborns can take several weeks to process.
If the parents are not married, it may take additional processing time. Find more information about Acknowledgement of Parentage from the DOH website.
You can order birth and death certificates for records outside of Washington State by:
- Contacting the state or local health department where the event occurred.
- Ordering them through VitalChek
For information on how to order marriage and divorce records, visit the Washington State Department of Health Vital Records website.